Monday 9 August 2010

Dedicated to the ones I love


I wanted to dedicate the content of this blog to two people who are extremely important to me and are helping me through this period so much more than they may realise.

The first is my beloved husband. He came into my life at a time when I seriously doubted I'd meet someone who I could fall in love with, but even more so, who could fall in love with me. But we did, and I did, and he did.

I knew on our first date that he was special and I never looked back. He makes me laugh, he's intelligent and sensitive and kind and great with technology (believe me, when you're as inept with technology as I am, it's important!), and we get on ridiculously well. But more than that, he sometimes surprises me by doing something so incredibly thoughtful that it takes my breath away.

Such as hunting down a list of positive affirmations specifically for women trying to get pregnant - when I was going through a particularly negative phase. Or booking a surprise massage for me at the hotel we stayed at for a night after my hysteroscopy the other week. Or leaving a comment on my blog like the one he left last week.

Simple things, perhaps, but they mean so much to me.

On our recent first year anniversary I found this card for him:

To me, that said it all.

The second person is my very close, very lovely friend. I won't go into detail here but she is going through something pretty bloody horrible at the moment and it breaks my heart to see it.

She has always ALWAYS been there for me, and I haven't necessarily been the easiest person to be around or to help over the years. But she persevered and stuck by me, and showed me what true friendship means.

We can talk endlessly and make each other giggle like school girls. Her wise words and good advice are invaluable to me, and she never fails to provide them.

She is consistently positive for me, often lifting me when my spirits are low - right now I sincerely hope I can reciprocate, even in some small way.

I’m so grateful for the people I have around me. Today I’ve written about just two of them, but I’m lucky enough to have lots more.

Life may throw some curve balls at times but as I continue on this challenging and often bewildering journey to pregnancy, I know that at least I’ll have some bloody great company along the way.

Until next time.

Juno

No comments:

Post a Comment