Sunday 24 October 2010

The moon must be in Uranus

I was a bit blue at the start of the week, thinking The Husband and I were never going to get out of the rut we’re in. It started to feel like we’d been house hunting and trying to get pregnant forever. Or longer actually.

Even when I got the smiley face on Monday, which usually makes me feel upbeat and excited to have another crack at it, I just couldn’t get there. This time, I couldn’t get the ‘Why bother, it’s probably not going to work anyway’ thoughts out my head.

But then it all turned around on Tuesday.

A few weeks ago we decided to put an end to the excruciating torture of trying to buy a house. Sticking pins up our own arses started to seem like a more attractive proposition. Instead we decided to rent for another year or so. Definitely the best decision we could have made.

We saw a house last weekend that was just perfect for us – warm, cosy, clean, characterful, on a quiet street – everything we wanted, except it was quite a bit over our budget. But we loved it so much, we thought we’d have nothing to lose by putting in a low offer. We didn’t think in a million years it would be accepted but something happened that day...maybe the stars were aligned in the east or the moon was in Uranus or the sun had got its hat on – whatever it was, our luck was in and our offer got accepted! Yay!

It felt like a big old lead weight was released from my body the minute I heard that news. It was just such a big fat massive relief. And I immediately started to think that maybe this is our time, a new start for us. Maybe this is what needed to happen to make my mind and body relax and work together to make a new life grow inside me. Sigh.

I need to go back and see the fertility doc when he’s back from holiday at the beginning of November and talk about timing for IVF – possibly to start this side of Christmas, depending on my cycle.

But if I’m going to let you into a little secret, I’ve decided it would be a hell of a lot simpler (and cheaper) to get pregnant naturally before we get to that point. So that’s what I’m going to do.

What the hell.

Until next time.

Juno

1 comment:

  1. That's great news about the house. Sometimes you just need a little something to go your way, and that's a big something! Hope your next good thing is a pregnancy that happens the old fashioned way. Not to push drugs on you, but have you tried Clo.mid? I know it's used more for people who don't ovulate, but as in my case, it's also used for short luteal phases and low progesterone. Both times I got pregnant were Clo.mid cycles. It might be called something different in the UK. Might be worth a shot for your next "on your own" cycles. OK, I don't normally give unsolicited advice like this, so apologies in advance!

    ReplyDelete