Tuesday 29 June 2010

I’d rather just have had the bracelet

Well, I wasn’t in the dark for too long...how nice to receive the gift of menstruation on the day of my first-year wedding anniversary. I also got a lovely Links bracelet from my husband.

We had a fab day at Wimbledon to celebrate (the anniversary, not the menstruation), taking advantage of my company’s corporate hospitality tent - and the food and alcohol within it. We also saw a bit of tennis, which was a nice bonus.

Talking of weddings, we went to my friend’s one on Sunday. Despite being slightly aggrieved we had to miss the England vs. Germany World Cup match (just as well, as it turns out) and put on our best suit / dress on the hottest day of the year so far, we ended up having a fun time.

My concerns about feeling inadequate were unfounded. It was great to spend time with friends we hadn’t seen in a while and I managed to just relax and enjoy being there (admittedly helped along by a couple of glasses of champagne).

There was perhaps the odd glance at my general stomach area to check for any tell-tale signs of bulging, and definitely a couple of the girls clocking the amount of alcohol I was taking in but I didn't let that affect me too much.

So now, with my feeble excuse for a period done and dusted, and my hysteroscopy booked for the last week of July, all I can do is try to remain positive about what these next few weeks might bring.

Until next time.
Juno

No comments:

Post a Comment